We have to nip back to Austria for 4 days in March. We are looking at around 11th to 14th March but we are flexible in the days can be a couple of days later (no earlier).
Person or couple must be very confident with dogs as we have 7. And two can be very boisterous, others grumpy and one needs daily medication while 2 are very very nervous. They are all rescues off the street here in Bulgaria and range in age from 5 months to 11 years old. All shapes and sizes.
The house is also only heated by wood burners so you need to be able to rough it a little. Cooking is also on a traditional wood-fired oven.
The dogs do not need walking as we have a large secure garden but one dog cannot currently go out with the others (our latest rescue who is living in the garage).
- Caring for our dogs (we have 6 and one foster dog). They do not need walking as we have a large secure garden so it tends to be letting out in morning, feeding, cleaning up after them, keeping an eye on them during the day (inside or outside) and then feeding at night. Our dogs sleep in the house, the foster dogs are kennelled outside.
- The latest foster dog is on daily medication so needs tablets twice a day. This may have changed by the time March comes.
- Traditional Bulgarian village, there are a couple of shops, little bar.
- Very close to Borovets ski resort -> maybe if anyone would like to come and look after the dogs for a few days we could then see about getting you a good deal on a few days ski-ing and accommodation in the actual resort ( 11 km away) afterwards.
- We'll make sure the house is well stocked with food, beer and wine.
- There will be plenty of wood.
Must be very confident with dogs, happy with own company and not put off by fact no one really speaks English in the village.
Be able to cope with a large number of dogs with very differing personalities and one requiring medication.