Please bare with me as at the moment just looking at options and ideas. I now run a small charity to help Bulgarian stray dogs (write to me through MindMyHouse for the website) and work closely with Animal Help Stara Zagora. I would like to run a small emergency foster shelter for up to say 10 dogs and maybe a few cats. I have the facilities at my home and also have another old house and plot next door that with some work (tree chopping, building etc) could also be used. Looking for someone with same vision of saving animals and helping Bulgaria's strays as me and willing to commit at least for summer, but definite possibility of long term (even several years). Ideally an active retired couple or person or younger couple that love the rural quiet lifestyle (if can work from home via the internet then internet can be fitted at your cost - 40 Euros plus 10 E/mth).
I have now visited the municipality shelter (not a nice place) and there are 4 or 5 dogs in there I would like to get out and always others that need help.
I am not entirely sure of a plan at the moment but considering getting someone in for maybe 3 or 4 months at the moment over the summer and they can have use of one of our furnished holiday homes. Over the summer bills would be cheap - around 40 Euros a month for electric and water, wood for BBQ, running into town as and when we go. I do not really need a house sitter as such and ideally the person would be happy to pay the bills as I am losing a holiday rental. But in return for a nice house free of rent, they would help me with the dogs and feed the dogs when we are not here as we go away to work every 2 weeks for 3 or 4 days, water the veggies and there is also another old house and plot close by I would like to get cleared and see if a suitable place to put a few more dogs.
If things worked out then there is a definite possibility that the 'house sitters' could stay longer term, either renting one of my renovated houses (150E/mth plus bills) or I have another more basic villa that I also have listed for sale for around 15,000 E but would consider a rent to buy option or possible reduced sale price.
Anyway all just a jumble of thoughts at the moment. Really want to help the doggies but have been badly burned in the past with house sitters, tenants etc.....
Looking for an immediate start through to end of September.
- Caring for dogs (mainly for 4 or 5 days every 2 weeks when we have to go away) and helping socialise and train dogs.
- Watering our veggie garden when we are away (10 mins a day)
- If someone was interested in gardening and quite arty they are welcome to 'renovate' old well, pegoda, area at back that not sure what to do with.
- Helping clear plot we have next door - interest in building work, eco-sustainable building etc would be great (its all mud brick walls).
- MUST BE FUN! Enjoy BBQ evenings, getting messy, not be too easily fazed (this is Bulgaria....not the UK......)
- Close to city but still rural
- On bus route
- 2 or 3 small basic shops and cafe within short walk
- Lovely location
- Can grow own vegetables, pick fruit (several fruit trees)
- Has two usable furnished bedrooms, basic kitchen (fridge with small freezer, we will supply small electric cooker, there is traditional BBQ/outside over and we have loads of wood
- This is long term - 3 or 4 months over summer until end of September, but definite possibility to stay longer if all works well.
- You will be responsible for paying bills (electric & water will be around 40 E/mth internet if required would be 40E installation and 10 E/mth)
- I am happy to do you a load of washing every week or so
- Must be animal lover and share similar vision to me to want to make this work
- MUST be committed - cannot have someone move in, start caring for dogs and then leave
- MUST have references