Looking for someone who would like to come and stay in rural Bulgaria for around 2 to 3 months (from around start of September to end of November but flexible) or possibly a short stay 4 or 5 day sit middle of September and around a 2 week stay first 2 weeks in October.
And look after our rescue dogs and keep an eye on the house.
For shorter stays you will live in our house, which is a new(ish) modern bungalow with large secure garden. For longer stays you will be accommodated in our guest house next door to us so will have your own space and garden. We will not be away for the whole 2 or 3 months but will be away for some of the time. We have 5 of our own dogs, all rescued from the street and we run a small dog charity called Twitchynoses, and often take in foster dogs if we find dogs in a bad way on the street, so the number of dogs we care for can change daily. We do not tend to have more than 4 or 5 fosters at a time but these can be dogs needing daily treatment and care. Its unlikely there will be more than our 5 dogs to look after and we usually take 1 or 2 of these away with us anyway.
When we are around and if we have no plans to go away it will be no problem for you to go off and explore more of the country.
- Caring for our dogs (we have 5 and there maybe be various foster dogs). They do not need walking as we have a large secure garden so it tends to be letting out in morning, feeding, cleaning up after them, keeping an eye on them during the day and then feeding at night and putting away. Our dogs sleep in the house, the foster dogs are kennelled outside.
- Sometimes various dogs do not get on with others and so going out in the garden might need to be on rotation but this does not happen often.
- Any daily treatment required for foster dogs
- Watering plants and possibly cutting grass if needed
- Traditional Bulgarian village, there are a couple of shops, little bar.
- The guest house is a large 4 bedroom house but downstairs where you would be is a self-contained one bedroom flat with en-suite wet room. There is a basic kitchen. Large secure garden.
- You would need to by your own food and drink but its very cheap in Bulgaria. A car would be recommended but not necessary, certainly for shorter term stays.
- Our place is in the Valley of the Roses and Valley of the Thracian kings so there is loads to do and see, lots of good walking in the mountains, good fishing close by (don't personally fish), lots of spa resorts near by and two large lakes. Close to various historical places and cities for day trips and can go by bus or train.
- Ideal for anyone that wants some time out to maybe just read, paint, photograph or relax.
Must be comfortable with dogs, happy with own company and not put off by fact no one really speaks English.