Someone who enjoys a rural setting, peace and quiet and the company of dogs and maybe a little gardening.
We run a small dog rescue and from time to time have foster dogs stay with us. These are usually cases where there has been serious neglect or abuse. And these dogs often need basic veterinary care (injections may be needed to be given, unlikely but not sure at this stage).
We also have 4 of our own rescue dogs.
We have a large modern house in a village in central Bulgaria and from time to time require someone to dog sit and water the garden and if you felt like it do some gardening or plot clearance, while we travel and take care of other things. We cannot always take all our dogs with us, especially if we have foster dogs.
A single active lady would be preferred but a couple can be accommodated. Sorry not a single man as a couple of our dogs are wary of men.
- Caring for rescue dogs and our own dogs (usually 4 or 5 dogs, although we may take one with us when travelling)
- Gardening - watering plants, mowing lawn if needed
- Plot clearance - if you felt the urge to be a little more active!
- Traditional Bulgarian village, rural and quiet
- 2 or 3 small basic shops within short walk
- Lovely location at base of Balkans
- Decent internet
- must be a dog person and be ok giving basic veterinary treatment
- it is a rural location, no one speaks English.
- A car will be required to travel outside the village (there is the odd bus)
- Best suited to someone happy to just sit in sun and read book, play with dogs, potter in garden, do a bit of weeding etc....
- Of course if you wanted more action we have an old house and plot we are clearing to renovate and there are a lot of mud brick walls to rebuild and vines to chop down and clear.