If you meet the following criteria it could be a great match! I need someone (s) with the following qualifications:
1. Computer literacy & experience teaching via internet models like the Kahn Academy and/or Enova.
2. Experience teaching primary age children
3. Beg/ Int or higher level of Spanish
4. Dedication to kids with an emphasis on fun!
1. 1.5 hrs p/day 4 X’s p/wk (Mon-Thurs) in a well situated & equipped classroom with CD & DVD capability & computer lab only steps away. Class time Mon.-Thurs. is from 12:00 – 1:30
2. A willingness to help out 1 hr p/wk at the intermediate school (6-8 students) if we can establish the opening with classroom teacher which to date is not in place though discussion is in progress
3. Develop & execute your own lesson plans
4. Solicit & place volunteers for After School Program, Mon. – Wed. 2:00 – 5:00
a. i.e. Mary just arrived from SF to vacation in Chacala for a couple wks and she is a bird watcher pro or semi-pro & she wants to lead a group of kids on an outing about Playa Chacala to identify birds = sign her up! Pair her with a local parent & get student sign ups during your 1.5 hrs ELD interaction with kids.
b. So besides your 1.5 hrs Mon.-Thurs. instruction day , you will meet and greet NEW volunteers ~ a simple walk to classroom at Primary School’s Learning Center from your Villa location or Chacala Beach to introduce volunteer to kids at specified time: 2:00; 3:00 or 4:00 PM Mon.-Wed. You only need to meet & greet them their 1st time coming to our After School Program to offer their skill set which could range from dominoes to dancing! After that it is their class. Also, whoever volunteers, offers/ provides their own materials for their activity. Which means you are truly just a meet & greet ambassador(s). It’s a great service & we’re hopeful this is a good match in all ways for that special someone(s). To help you decide, (if you are interested and meet the initial criteria), we will provide you with contact info for our current volunteer teachers ~ but to give you a hint, they already have committed to come back next year from Jan. – May to share their expertise which is considerable, all of which is framed in generosity of spirit. They’re great educators & love Chacala! Not hard to do ~ Chacala really is something special! Hope this inspires you to pursue this opportunity.
Computer Literate Educator or educators needed to help part time at Learning Center in small coastal town. He, she or they will donate 3 hrs p/day Mon-Thurs. supporting small student groups in areas of math, literacy & science.
The Villa's studio is on the hillside that overlooks the entire Chacala Bay. It's a 5 minute walk to the beach. The Villa is located in town, but remains very private. Villa's studio has cable television, WiFi, kitchenette, own bathroom. Chacala is an amazing coastal village nestled alongside the most beautiful beach in all of Nayarit according to Moon's Pacific Coast of Mexico. You can see more pictures at our website. Write to us through MindMyHouse for the address.
What’s being offered:
1. Large Villa’s Well Equipped Studio w/kitchenette in an Extraordinarily Beautiful Beach Village = Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico!
2. WiFi, Cable T.V. included
3. All electrical, propane & water included, both drinking & town water
4. Essentially you have no rent or utility costs to stay in one of the world’s most beautiful settings in X-change for: (see above)
Villagers are friendly and internationals who have discovered Chacala appreciate its specialness and are a great group.