They have no testimonials
Dog(s), Cat(s), Rabbit(s) – We both had pets growing up and while we don’t have pets of our own at the moment, we look forward to the time when we will again. We have looked after many cats and dogs and have experience caring for sheep.
They don't have a police check
From: 30 November 2017
Until: 31 December 2022
They have referees/references (view below)
I am 57 years old, my husband Lyle is 61. We retired from the Regina Police Service in Regina, Canada, in November of 2003. Lyle worked for 28 years and retired as the Superintendent in charge of the Detective Division. He was the Executive Officer responsible for approximately 120 Detectives and staff and an 18 million dollar budget. I retired after 25 years and was the civilian Office Assistant in the Robbery Homicide Section.
We like to travel and have been to Mexico 4 times, Belize twice, Honduras, Costa Rica, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand and the US. We spent 3 and 4 months at a time in the Central American countries. We have also been on cruises to various Caribbean islands.
We run, swim, bike and work out to counter balance our love of cooking and eating. We enjoy wine in moderation and do not smoke.
While at home we also volunteer on our condo’s Pool Committee and are responsible for testing the pool and hot tub on scheduled weekends.
We have always been house proud and would love to look after your house and pets, and will look after them as if they are our own. We take our housesitting opportunities very seriously and we hope that our letters of reference will confirm this.
Housesitting is an ideal way to see different places and enjoy new experiences. Living in a local community and away from resorts is a much better way to get a feel for a place. It is also a way to stay in an area longer than we might otherwise get to and we find having a pet to look after often makes the stay even better.
We are reliable, sensible and capable housesitters with house and pet sitting experience as follows:
- We house/cat sat for four winters for the same homeowner in Gabriola Island, British Columbia. She has asked us to return every year but she is aware we sometimes look for a warmer climate. Her only concern about us was that we couldn’t be available every year to be winter staff for her cat.
- We also housesat in Oliver, British Columbia, for 4 months.
- We house/cat sat for a month in Indio, California
- House/dog sat for three weeks in Oakland, California
- House/dog/cat sat for three weeks in Phoenix, Arizona
- House/cat sat in Savusavu, Fiji for 11 weeks
- House/dog sat in Southport, Australia for 5 weeks
- House/dog/cat sat and looked after 100 sheep in Tasmania, Australia for 2 ½ weeks
- We assisted at a Bed & Breakfast in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, for 2 ½ months
- We house/dog/fish and bunnie sat for a weekend in Campbell River, BC
• We house/dog sat for a weekend in Qualicum Beach, BC
• We house/dog sat in Victoria, BC for 10 days
• We house/dog sat for just over 2 weeks in Kamloops, BC
• We house/cat sat for 10 days in Jasper, AB
• We housesat for 3 weeks in Medicine Hat, AB
• We house/dog sat for 10 days in Saskatoon, SK
• We house/dog sat for a long weekend in Saskatoon, SK
• We house/dog sat for a week in Saskatoon, SK
• We housesat in Saskatoon for 5 months
• We house/cat/horse sat in Bluffton, SC for 5 months
• We house/dog sat for 6 days in Dahlonega, GA
• We house/cat sat for 4 weeks in Rimbey, AB
We love to travel and have a very flexible schedule. We are extremely responsible and resourceful and can be relied on if something out of the ordinary happens. As an example, during one house/cat sit the roof leaked. We worked with trades people to make temporary repairs and ensure no further damage ensued prior to the homeowner getting home. We paid for these trades people and settled up with her when she got back. She was extremely grateful that we were there to look after this and give her peace of mind. In her experience, this would have been traumatic for her with previous house sitters.
We also grew up with cats and dogs and enjoy their company. We have no problem with pets used to sleeping in their human's bed and find we are quickly under their spell. We stay in contact with homeowners via email and phone and make ourselves available through skype if you want to see and speak to your pets. That has been very much appreciated.
Also, homeowners have commented on how pleased they were with the cleanliness of their home upon their return.
We have 22 house and pet sits under our belt and have received very positive reference letters that are available.
Belize, Canada, Caribbean, Costa Rica, Fiji, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, United States
From: 30 November 2017
Until: 31 December 2022
They don't charge for house sitting services
MindMyHouse member since 2015
Age: 56-65 years old
Total completed house sits: 0
You need to be logged in to see this house sitters' references.